If you are interested in applying for these positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date CV and a letter describing why you are suitable for the post.
Kore Technology Ltd
We are a small, well-established UK company based in Ely, just north of Cambridge. We design and build vacuum-physics based instrumentation, primarily based on mass spectrometers, and particularly time-of-flight spectrometers. Our customers are mostly involved in research and environmental analysis, in Europe, Asia and elsewhere in the world.
We work at the cutting edge of analytical chemistry, facilitating groundbreaking research in a wide variety of research areas such as atmospheric chemistry, medical breath analysis, manufacturing quality control, materials science and high energy physics. Our projects have included counting single atoms, creating chemical images of sample surfaces, helping analyse the solar wind, and looking for liver disease markers in human breath, to name but a few (see www.kore.co.uk).
Kore has now partnered with a large Asian company that specialises in environmental monitoring, and as a result of this partnership our business focus is changing. Consequently, we are now looking for someone to join this team of enthusiastic engineers to help develop the business by understanding these new market opportunities, and by directing our business development towards increased growth in these areas
Kore Technology Ltd is looking to hire a Business Development Manager to strengthen the sales of our mass spectrometry analyzers.
Your primary responsibility will be to improve Kore's market position and achieve financial growth. You will be involved in defining long-term strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, setting up and working with business partners, and negotiating and closing business deals.
Our existing customers are typically scientists throughout the world working in universities, large corporations and various testing institutes. We expect that you will market our solutions through participation at exhibitions and conferences, making suitable presentations where appropriate.
We want you to work closely with our product and application experts with the goal of optimizing our offerings to customers.
We imagine you will have a bachelor's degree in a science or engineering subject, with a proven track record in the sales of highly technical products. This would include a systematic and professional sales approach (including pricing strategies), funnel management, negotiation of T&C's etc. Ideally this would also include some experience of international sales.
Appropriate to qualifications and experience.
- Commissioning mass spectrometer systems as they reach final assembly, using knowledge of the design and the principles on which they are supposed to operate in order to achieve the target performance. With complex novel systems, this will typically require troubleshooting from first principles, as such systems do not usually achieve their full performance at the first attempt.
- Commissioning will often be followed by the need to set-up and recreate the performance on-site in our clients' laboratories in order to achieve project sign-off. Kore clients are based all around the world, so this will inevitably involve some international travel.
- Provide technical support to clients post-installation.
- Become an expert user, able to get the best possible performance.
- Take part in instrument development, designing and testing new ideas
- Produce documentation, technical manuals, user manuals and test-sheets, for internal and external use.
- Train others in the same activities, either new people at Kore, or clients.
- You will have an honours degree in physics, engineering, or similar discipline with an electronics component.
- You have the ability and desire to apply theoretical knowledge to real situations.
- You will have to to assimilate new technical information quickly and independently. There will be guidance available from senior technical staff, but you should be capable of teaching yourself from informal sources such as the web or technical manuals.
- We expect you to be, or to become, capable of debugging simple analogue/digital circuits at the component level
- You should be prepared to travel internationally. Typical trips are a few days, but maybe as much as two weeks for complex installations. Estimate 4 to 10 trips per year, within the UK and overseas.
- You must have fluent spoken English, including familiarity with English technical language.
- You should be familiar with use of computers for word processing, spreadsheets etc and simple debugging e.g. update of device drivers.
- Being on-site will require a certain degree of self-reliance and calmness under pressure, plus the ability to deal with clients thoughtfully.
- Experience working on hardware operating under high vacuum.
- Experience writing any software, even if only simple batch files or macros
- Some basic chemistry
- Good enough written English that your text does not require significant editing before release.
Appropriate to qualifications and experience.
© Kore Technology Limited 2016