The New Kore Technology Series 3c Compact PTR-ToF-MS
A transportable chemical ionisation mass spectrometer for applications in industry and academia
- Concentration range 50ppm to ppt levels
- Sensitivity >200c/s/ppb VOCs (measured with Benzene)
- Detection limit ~30ppt
- Response time to concentration changes ~100ms
- Mass resolution at max sensitivity >3000 M/dM (FWHM) at m/z 79
- Mass resolution of ~4,000M/dM achievable
- Mass range unlimited, in practice 1000m/z (limited by gas phase thermochemistry)
- Glow discharge ion source; reagent ions H3O+ , O2+ , NO+
- Small footprint (920 x 730 x 530mm), weight ~150kg
- Power requirement (normal operation) <750W
- Reactor oven heating 30-130°C (150°C transfer line available)
- Fully computer-controlled operation, automatic analysis software function
- Option for computer-controlled reagent ion switching
- Option for mass calibration unit (injecting low levels of high mass compound)
In the Box: Fully integrated PTR-MS system comprising a glow discharge ion source and RF ion funnel drift tube, transfer lens system, time of flight mass spectrometer, vacuum pumps, fully computer-controlled instrument and data acquisition system including laptop and software.
The Compact PTR-ToF-MS is a new soft chemical ionisation tool for sensitive analysis of VOCs in ambient air. Using soft chemical ionisation, the time of flight mass spectrometer can monitor all masses in parallel, allowing the maximum amount of information to be collected. The Kore Technology compact PTR-ToF-MS has been developed to be transportable and can be taken on-site (mains power required), with full computer control of instrument parameters.
Applications areas: VOC monitoring (ambient air, product quality control and testing) clean room air quality monitoring, breath analysis, food analysis, homeland security, odour identification (buildings, factories etc), fence line monitoring.
Last updated: 13:43 03/06/2019
© Kore Technology Limited 2019